Webinar Recording Now Available!
Pre & Post Cyber Breach Best Practices Strategies
EPIC’s National Practice Leader – Executive and Cyber Risk, as well as Lemme Coverage Counsel & Claims Leader, Kelly Geary and Karen Painter Randall, Chair of Cybersecurity, Data Privacy and Incident Response Group at Connell Foley LLP, discussed how a firm can protect against the discoverability of post-breach forensic reports, recent cases regarding these reports, and tips to properly vet forensic firms. In addition, the panelists provided an overview of best practices strategies pre and post cyber breach in the areas of planning and response, managing cyber engagements, and the importance of table top exercises.
- Make sure you have a Written Incident Response Plan that incorporates relevant aspects of your insurance program.
- Your Incident Response Plan should contain various “Playbooks” – specific plans for different types of incidents like Ransomware, Social Engineering Fraud, etc.
- Conduct regular table top exercises – test your incident response plan and all playbooks – at least annually.
- Select a Breach Coach before an incident occurs.
- Be strategic when you engage cybersecurity vendors:
- Consider specifically separating out routine services from “incident response” services in the contract you have with the vendor.
- If you have an incident, consult with your Breach Coach to determine whether a written forensic report is necessary and, if so, how it should be shared and with whom.
Lemme Law Firm Practice Group
The Law Firm Practice Group of Lemme, a division of EPIC Insurance Brokers & Consultants, specializes in assisting law firms worldwide with the procurement of insurance coverage. Our team provides personal, proactive, timely and exceptional service while being fully transparent and accountable to our clients. We do not believe in the status quo. Experienced, results-driven brokers negotiate creative insurance solutions while also offering best practice advice, valuable insight and risk management services for our law firm clients.