A Guide to Successfully Implementing the OSHA Respiratory Protection Standard
Webinar Recording Now Available!
Companies frequently struggle to effectively implement the OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) Respiratory Protection Standard because many of the requirements are technical or not very clearly spelled out. This presentation will assist you with understanding:
- Identifying and evaluating the respiratory hazard(s) in the workplace;
- Selecting appropriate respirators
- Determining change schedule/service life of cartridges
- Understanding Assigned Protection Factors (APFs) and Maximum Use Concentrations (MUCs).
- Recognizing Immediately Dangerous to Life and Health (IDLH) atmospheres
- Contents and frequency of medical evaluations/examinations
- Fit testing methods and protocols
- Inspection / service / maintenance requirements
- Training requirements
- Recordkeeping requirements
Chuck Simpson, CSP CRIS
Senior Risk Control Consultant, EPIC Insurance Brokers & Consultants
Chuck is a respected HSE (health, safety, and environment) professional with more than 30 years of experience assisting companies with the implementation of risk management systems in a variety of industries. Prior to joining EPIC, Chuck served as President of Work Safe International, LLC where he worked on both on- and off-shore projects in the United States, Mexico, Canada, South America, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. Chuck has experience in sulfur operations, pipeline, fabrication, oil & gas drilling, vessel operations and food processing industries. He is a certified safety professional (CSP) and a widely recognized expert on Contractor Safety Management, OSHA Recordkeeping and Hydrogen Sulfide Safety. He has presented lectures at the ASSE Safety Professional Development Conference & Exposition, OSHA Oil & Gas Safety Conference, the International Conference on Offshore Safety, the Gulf Coast Safety and Training Group, and the Sulphur Institute’s Sulphur World Symposium in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).